We’re so mean. We feast on delicious frozen treats while our hot dogs drool. This summer, let your dog indulge too with this recipe for healthy, frozen “Pupsicles.”
When artificially flavored popsicles won’t do for your sweet fur baby, whip up your own. We got word from Woof Report reader Adrian (and treat taster, Benny) about fresh, frozen “Pupsicles” that are as healthy as they are yummy. For an easy-to-make natural treat your dog will love, don’t wait. Freeze up a batch today.
Pupsicles for Your Dog
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup organic apple juice
- 2 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla)
– Puree all ingredients in a blender.
– Pour into ice cube trays or small plastic cups and freeze for one hour or more, depending on the temperature setting.
– Thaw just so slightly before serving.
This recipe yields three dozen treats.
Note: The apple juice can be substituted with a jar of baby food (any fruit flavor) because it has great nutritional value and is easy to digest. Just be sure to use an organic brand with no added sugars ofr preservatives.
For another tasty summer treat, see our recipe for Frosty Paws (yet another favorite Woof Report reader recipe)
Thank you to Adrian Hitt Photography for the photo of Benny enjoying his treat.
Originally published June 2009; reviewed and updated August 2016.