On March 15th, Petfinder.com is celebrating its 15th birthday, along with a whopping 17 million pet adoptions, with an extraordinary event: Adopt the Internet Day! The goal of this special day is to spread the word online about the many benefits of pet adoption, and to help homeless pets find loving forever homes.
Woof Report is a huge proponent of pet adoption, a fan of Petfinder.com (after all, it’s how Woof Reporter Larry was first discovered), and appreciates all that the folks behind Petfinder.com have done in terms of revolutionizing how people connect with adoptable pets in shelters. That being said, please join Woof Report in marking Petfinder.com’s special day on March 15!
And it’s so easy to participate. First, mark your calendar for Tuesday, March 15th. When the day comes, simply participate in one or more of the following easy ways to spread the word online about adoptable pets.
- On March 15, donate your Facebook status and photo to an adoptable Petfinder pet. Simply replace your photo with one from the Adopt-the-Internet All-Stars gallery and post one of the messages below, the joys of pet adoptions, or whatever you’d like to say:
– More than 320,000 pets are waiting for homes on Petfinder.com. Help Petfinder Adopt the Internet today and find forever homes for as many as possible!
– I adopted my pet from Petfinder and now I want to help get this pet adopted! If you want to help pets in need of forever homes, please repost this!
- On March 15, share an adoptable Petfinder pet on Twitter with the hashtag #adopttheinternet.
- Caption a Petfinder adoptable-pet photo on ICanHasCheezburger! The photos with the best captions will be featured on the ICanHasCheezburger.com homepage on March 15. There are dog and cat photos to caption!
- If you have a blog or website, add a badge to your site to show your support.
- Take a pledge on the Petfinder.com site that you will tell one person about pet adoption on March 15. By pledging, you’ll enter for a chance to win one of 10 Pet Hair Eraser®Vacuums from BISSELL.
Here are just a few more things you can do:
- If you have an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, download the free Petfinder app. It’s just what you need when someone tells you they’d like to buy a pet, or if you’re looking for a new family member. Bookmark your favorite pet profiles and share them with friends via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Read about the common myths about adopting pets from shelters. These misconceptions stop many people from considering adoption when shelters are overflowing with wonderful pets that are in need of loving homes, so share these links to encourage people to adopt their next pet.
Go the Petfinder.com’s Adopt the Internet Day page
For easy tips to help pets in shelters and rescues, visit Woof Report’s Lend a Paw Tip Archives
The photo above is of handsome Monte located in Alameda, CA. Read more about him at Petfinder.com.