Just in time for National Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day (and Girl Scout Cookie Season), an easy and dog-approved recipe for peanut butter and pumpkin dog treats. Happy Baking!
In honor of National Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day (February 23rd) and Girl Scout Cookie Season, whip up of a batch of easy and dog-approved peanut butter and pumpkin dog treats. They couldn’t be easier to make and your pup will love them (ours did!)
These pumpkin and peanut butter goodies are fun to make (get out the cookie cutters) and as an added bonus, they’ll make your kitchen smell wonderful.
We started with this recipe on AllRecipes and revised it a bit based on reader/baker comments.
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry.
3. Shape your cookies!
Roll the dough into a 1- or 1/2-inch-thick roll and cut into pieces or roll the dough out and use cookie cutters.
We made bone- and heart-shaped biscuits, mini cinnamon roll-shaped biscuits, and pretzel-shaped biscuits.
Get some help if you need it!
4. Bake in the preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes. Thinner cookies will require less time.
5. The last step, the best part – serve the treats to your dog!